Powered by Blogger.


Marisa Miller is an American model best known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues and her work for lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret.

She has graced the cover of Sports Illustrated and is currently a Victoria's Secret Angel, but believe it or not, supermodel Marisa Miller didn't realise she was beautiful until later in life.

The 33 year old stunner reveals that, because she was raised by hippie parents, she didn't even understand what it meant to have a 'good body.'

 

'There was this rumour going around that I had a 'good body', and I didn't even know what that meant! My parents were just like, 'Oh, it just means you're really healthy and you're strong!''

She more than makes up for her lack of beauty knowledge by appearing in girly, pink ensembles for her Ocean Drive photoshoot.

She looks like Barbie in one snap, wearing a pale pink top, black mini-skirt covered in lightning bolts and orange gingham shoes.

In another photograph, she pairs a soft orange shirt with a pleated pink skirt and stilettos.
While she looks stunning in her magazine spread, she explains to her interviewer, pro surfer pal Kelly Slater, that her parents weren't big on talking about superficial beauty because they were hippies.

'My parents definitely were hippies. They lived out of their truck the first six months they were married, and all they did was surf. So I definitely had those tendencies, because that was how I was raised.'

Although she grew up in the laid-back northern California town of Santa Cruz, she says that working as a model has made her appreciate city life.

'When I began working for Victoria's Secret, they were shooting a lot in Miami. I was there every week, and finally I just decided to stay because I didn't want to fly back and forth from California every week,' she says.

Given that she's a surfer as well, Miller found the beaches of Miami to be a nice alternative to her life at home.

'There are waves there not huge, but the water's warm,' she says. '[Miami] was a really fun place to be, especially at that time in my life. I was living it up. I had my skateboard, and I used to ride it over to Mynt Lounge, on Collins, and the DJ would put my skateboard behind the booth.'

Her relaxed nature has made the leap from modelling to acting an easy transition.

She has appeared on programmes like How I Met Your Mother and Entourage, and just shot her first film role: she co-stars with Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges in the action-comedy crime film, R.I.P.D.

In the film, about a recently slain cop who just a unit of undead police officers, Miller plays the human avatar of Bridges' character, Bo.





0 comments